Windfinder is a leading global weather service for wind, wave and weather related outdoor sports. Windfinder is unique because on the one hand it combines accurate forecasts for water sports locations with real time observations from more than 7,000 weather stations worldwide and on the other hand it provides the information any time and anywhere.
Windfinder provides wind, waves and weather via its website windfinder.com, via its mobile site windfinder.mobi, via weather apps for the iPhone, Android and Windows Mobile and Blackberry phones, an SMS weather service, desktop and web widgets/gadgets, Windfox (a Firefox Extension), etc. On Windfinder's main product windfinder.com you'll find real time observations, forecasts, weather maps, live webcam images, weather station data, tide calendars, an address directory, and a news blog.
Windfinder.com is used by windsurfers, kitesurfers, snowkiters, surfers, sailors and paragliders worldwide to check the wind, wave and weather conditions. The age of the fun sports target group is mainly between 16 and 50 years old and the one of sailors is between 18 and 65 years. Most people who do these sports have an above average income available.
- Page impressions per month: 22 000 000
- Besuche pro Monat: Visitadores en el mes 7 000 000
- Available in 25 languages
- Fans on Facebook: 15000
- Followers on Twitter: 4000
- News feed subscribers: 18000
Windfinder offers full size banners (468x60 pixel), leaderboards (728x90 px), and skyscrapers (120x600 px), wide skyscrapers (160x600 px), hockey sticks (728x90 px + 120x600 px), and medium rectangles/content ads (300x250 px). Naturally, the bigger a banner is, the more attention it will gather and the more likely it is that people will click on it. Banners can be exchanged quickly (for special sales promotions, etc.) and you can run several different banners at the same time (rotation).
You can reach your audience 1) globally on all pages (run of site), 2) on certain wind, wave and weather pages e.g. wind forecasts for Canary Isles (country/regional placements) and/or 3) on one or several certain spots/locations wind/weather reports or forecasts e.g. wind forecast Tarifa (local placements).
- Run of Site: Run of site means banners may appear on all pages of the website. Run of site is useful when you want to reach a global audience.
- Country / regional placements: We recommend placing ads on weather pages that cover certain countries or regions if you want to address users by countries or regions. E.g. if your desired audience monitors wind, waves and weather in the Canary Isles then place your banners on all weather pages for the Canary Isles.
- Local placements: If you have a surf school or hotel near a local surf spot or marina then place your banners on the weather pages (wind report, forecast, weather stats) for this location.
Ads may be displayed according to the current geographic location of the user. This means your ad is only shown when the user is located in a certain country, region or city. E.g. if you have a travel agency and want to address audiences in Germany, Switzerland and Austria then use Geo Targeting.
As a unique option you can also place ads depending on the observed or predicted:
- wind speed (e.g. the best sail for the current wind)
- temperature (e.g. the best wetsuit for the predicted temperature)
- cloudiness (a banner for sun lotion when the sun is shining).
There are three options which will fit most advertising campaigns on windfinder.com:
|Campaign package||Season package||Permanent package|
This package is perfect for advertising for a small period of time, e.g. for the launch of a new product. Also very good for smaller shops and/or limited budget (in this case the campaign duration may also be stretched to a longer duration).
This package is perfect for advertising for the whole season for shops, schools, distributors etc.
This is our most frequently booked package!
If you want to advertise throughout the whole year, this is the package for you.
Of course you can also order a customized campaign according to your target group and budget. You can easily calculate prices with the online price calculator. Of course we will guide you through the planning and optimization of your campaign.
We accept JPG, GIF, PNG and Flash banners.
|Ad format||Dimensions (px)||Maximum file size|
|Skyscraper, Leaderboard, Medium Rectangle||120x600, 728x90, 300x250||35 kbyte|
|Wide Skyscraper||160x600||40 kbyte|
Please download our complete Media Kit with all the details and more information on advertising on our mobile website www.windfinder.mobi and in our Smartphone Apps (iPhone, Android, Windows Mobile, etc).
Have we aroused your interest? Contact us for more information about advertising on windfinder.com